Monday, August 5, 2013

Is it an ending or a beginning?

Watching the Season Finale of The Bachelorette has me thinking (Yes I am a woman, and yes I cried during that proposal, judge me). With two weeks left of my internship, growing up is hitting me... hard. If it were any other summer, I'd be thinking to myself "What internships should I go after next year?" or "What hot spot should I pick to enjoy a summer off of school?" But now it's different. Going into my senior year, it's not time to look for the next internship or summer job that pays enough for that Fossil bag, my dairy month shenanigans in America's Dairyland or those "bomb" $2 tacos at Bel Air Cantina on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Senior year is time to get serious. I can't laugh at people when they ask me about my future anymore... my future is now. 

A summer in Milwaukee has really opened my eyes. Whether it's the relationships both built and lost, the car repair bills, or the deadlines at my internship it has all served as a swift kick of reality. 

And now for the almighty internship. The golden ticket. The last hurrah before my last year of freedom. I would like to give Bader Rutter a Wisco-sized and cheesy shout out they deserve. This experience has changed me for the better, and taught me to be a more well-spoken, patient, and attentive young woman. However... despite being a PR intern for the summer, my spelling has gotten surprisingly worse. Win some, lose some, right? 

I honestly don't have a clue where  I'll be at this time next year. Maybe I'll be a salesman, maybe a writer. Who knows.. maybe I'll be unemployed. But I do know one thing, and that is my love for the dairy industry is still as strong as it was 3 months  ago when I made that 11 hour journey to Milwaukee. The beauty of it all is not knowing what beginning will come from this end... and being excited about it. 

Bloggin out,
Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment